MECARS – Mileage Expense Capture and Reporting Service – a versatile Enterprise Solution powered by a Smartphone App that automates expense management reporting for your mobile workforce. MECARS streamlines workflows, improves accuracy, and boosts productivity across key field and staff functions.
The MECARS application can separate out business trips, rental car trips and personal trips that are made during travels so as to identify the reimbursable trips from the non-reimbursable ones. The details of the reimbursable trips like the mileage travelled along with expenses incurred along the way can be logged easily so as to reimburse the traveler for the expenses incurred during the business trips.
MECARS is ideal for…
1. “Road Warriors” and Field Service and Support Representatives - Mobile Professionals that require mileage driven records for reimbursement.
• An easy, intuitive user interface captures data from start to end points throughout a route.
• No need for frequent updates to diaries / logbooks.
• Calculates actual miles driven while reducing the daily commute mileage in order to ensure consistent and accurate mileage submissions for expense reimbursement.
• Automatically uploads mileage / expense details into a Data Collection system, eliminating the weekly task of filling out a mileage report.
• MECARS provides year-end summary information of mileage and expense data required for accounting, cost allocations and tax filings.
2. Sales Management - Sales managers that process mileage expense reports from employees.
• MECARS collects mileage data, date and time details of each trip, and provides summary report for weekly approval by the management team.
• Reduces complexity, improves quality of line item audits of submissions.
• Ensures all mileage expense reimbursement requests are timely, eliminating delays in sales teams’ submissions to support company-wide accounting processes and timelines.
• Verifies that only actual trips taken are reimbursed, and daily commutes from home to office are calculated correctly per company / IRS policies.
3. Executive Management Teams
• Measure and monitor sales call activity and trends for each sales rep.
• Better insights into frequency / length of sales calls for each customer.
• Correlate activity data to sales results to drive territory staffing decisions.
• Collect travel time to invoice customers based on actual travel time, and accurate measurement of time spent on-site during an engagement.
• Ensure that the sales teams consistently meet sales call goals with reliable activity data that can be cross-referenced to revenue growth data.